Buckram Bonnet Workshops
Washington Regency Society
BUCKRAM BONNET WORKSHOP
Part 1 – Saturday, August 24, 2019
12:00 – 5:00 PM
308 Kirkland Avenue
Kirkland WA 98033
We have the room reserved from 11 to 5, so that way you may arrive early if you wish to set up your sewing machines and your work area.
Class officially begins at noon.
Our much requested buckram bonnet workshop is finally scheduled. Your instructors, Mary Hafner-Laney and Ruth Haring will be guiding you through the process of constructing the wired buckram foundation in the first part of this workshop, to be followed by Part II on September 15th during which you will cover and trim your bonnet. Your instructors are experienced bonnet milliners, and Mary has taught a bonnet workshop before, so you will gain new expertise about the how’s and why’s of making a sturdy bonnet that will last.
The cost of this workshop includes some basic supplies such as paper to trace your pattern, buckram, millinery wire, mulling, and tape. You may purchase your own pattern, or trace one of our originals.
This class is limited to 10 participants. Part 1 participants will get preference for Part 2.
yikes! that filled up quickly!!!
there is now a waiting list just in case of any cancellations – send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be added to the waiting list.
No refunds after July 30th
WRS BONNET WORKSHOP MATERIALS LIST
Materials for Part 1
- Wire cutters (optional)
- Marking pen (a fine Sharpie or ballpoint pen works well)
- Heavy duty sewing machine needles, size 18 (if using a sewing machine)
- Hand sewing needles
- Straight pins
- Tape measure
- Sewing machine (optional, the bonnet can be sewn by hand)
- Safety glasses (in case of broken sewing machine needles)
Materials for Parts 1 and 2:
- Fashion fabric to cover bonnet (medium weight such as silk taffeta, ottoman, velveteen) (I usually purchase a yard)
- Lining fabric for hat if different from fashion fabric (light to mid-weight fabrics)
- Thread to match fabrics
- Millinery glue or rubber cement (optional)
Bonnet Making Part 2 will be on September 15
- more details to follow
» Buckram Bonnet Workshops