Members of the Washington Regency Society gathered at Sara’s house on Saturday, October 13 to venture out to the Indian textile shops in Kent. After being practically overwhelmed by the choices and brilliance of the yardage and saris in the first shop we were able to explore all four of the shops that were scouted in advance by Mary and Sara. Here below is the list of the shops we visited and lists of the highlights of their selections. Please remember these shops have narrow aisles and are rather crowded so we don’t recommend going in costume, but rather in modern (narrow) clothing. Ask to be guided to the Natural Fabrics if you want cottons or silks. Please message us and let us know if you try these shops and share your treasures and creations from the shops on our Facebook page.
These first three are all within the same strip mallKent Selection 23617 104th Ave SE, Suite B Kent, WA 98031 253-520-8887 www.kentselection.com
- Stretch velvet - Shirting - Solid and embroidered semi-sheers - Crinkle metallic - 100% cotton voiles/muslins - Polished cotton - Quilting cottons - Larger floral prints - Wool-like and linen-like fabrics - Pre-made 3-piece sets - Unmade 3-piece sets - Shoes - Jewelry - Trims/metallic trims - A few pre-made turbansIndian Selection 23637 104th Ave. SE Kent, WA 98031 253-520-4847
- 100% cotton voiles/muslins - Metallic brocades - Floral prints - Printed cottons - 3-bolt sets of coordinating fabric - Pre-made 3-piece sets - Unmade 3-piece sets - Shoes - Jewelry - Trims/metallic trims - Some pre-beaded reticulesKhoobsurat Boutique (walk a bit down the mall and past a curb/driveway) 23811 104th Ave. SE, #103 Kent, WA 98031 253-859-2324
- 100% cotton voiles/muslins - Some metallic brocades - 2 ½ yard scarf lengths - Shoes - Jewelry - Trims/metallic trims - Pre-made 3-piece sets - Unmade 3-piece sets
- 100% cotton voiles - Polyester yardage - Silk Yardage (she calls light weight silk "paper silk") - Wool (Pashmina) shawls - Shoes - Jewelry - Trims/metallic trims - Pre-made 3-piece sets - Unmade 3-piece sets
* The candid photo above was taken in the Kent Selection store at the beginning of our safari.